Our Client is an extremely successful and professional geo-technical and geo-environmental engineering and ground investigation consultancy, established in 2000. Expanding throughout the UK we provide innovate technical advice and solutions to a range of clientele from individuals to multi-national companies and across various sectors, including construction, infrastructure and renewable energy.
Our previous and current work portfolio includes a breadth of projects, each offering exposure to different types of services, challenges and experience.
We offer employees the opportunity of an excellent training scheme, ongoing mentor support from a range of specialists, business collaboration and rapid career progression. We also advocate maintaining a healthy work-life balance and promote a good working environment.
As a company and as individuals value honesty, openness, integrity, personal excellence and continuous self-improvement. We take pride in honouring our commitments and responsibilities. We strive to provide technical and environmental services of the highest quality to our clients. Customer satisfaction is recognised as paramount to our success.
The Job Role
Our Client is currently recruiting for Senior Geo-technical / Contaminated Land Engineering Geologist to join our well-established and experienced consultancy teams in Exeter & Portsmouth.
We are specifically looking for candidates that have proven relevant experience in the management and interpretation of ground investigations.
The role involves undertaking the following tasks effectively and efficiently:
1. Prepare scoping proposals and tenders for new and existing projects whilst considering resource requirements.
2. Manage, design and implement the delivery of Ground Investigations from initial desk study, through site works, laboratory testing and reporting.
3. Complete site-specific Health & Safety Documentation: Risk Assessment Method Statements (RAMS), Construction Phase Plan (CPP) and Permit to Dig forms for each project.
4. Prepare and Review reports, calculations, drawings, logs, lab data and other documents and ensuring these are appropriately controlled.
5. Provide expert advice and technical recommendations to clients and regulatory authorities, which includes: I. Geo-technical: Foundation (Shallow & Deep), Earthworks & Ground Improvement/ Stabilisation, Retaining Structure, Slope Stability, Highway and Drainage Design
II. Geo-environmental: Phased Contaminated Land Risk Assessments (Generic & Detailed), Hydro-geological Risk Assessments, Gas Risk & Management of Waste
6. Acting as Line Manager to Graduate, Junior and/or Professional Level Engineers), which includes:
I I. Mentoring: Assisting with the induction and settling in of new employees. Offering support and knowledge. Assisting with training gaps and Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
II II. Monitoring: Evaluating performance, undertaking periodic appraisals, carrying out formal probation reviews and communicating with Senior Management.
III III. Managing: Assisting with recruitment, approving annual leave, monitoring sickness absences, guiding disciplinaries, providing payroll paperwork (starter, amendments and termination forms) and liaising with Support Administrators and/or HR.
7. Actively contribute to continuous improvement and development by offering innovative suggestions for change and assisting with the implementation of changes within the company
8. Comply and implement the relevant sections of the companys policy statement on health, safety, welfare at work, quality and environmental procedures
9. Adhere to the principles of the companys equality policy and ensure commitment to anti-discriminatory practice
Other duties: The above accountabilities for the role are not exhaustive and may be varied from time to time as dictated by the changing needs of the Company. The post holder will be expected to adhere to all company policies and procedures and to undertake other duties as appropriate and as requested by their manager.
The following qualifications, licences and personal attributes are essential for this role:
BSc, BEng in a Geology, Environmental Science, Civil Engineering or related field. A Masters degree and/or PhD would be advantageous
Proven experience in Managing Ground Investigations / SMSTS
Proven experience in the writing of Geotechnical & Geo-environmental Factual, Interpretive and Design Reports
Experience of managing employees / engineers
A desire to maintain CPD and work towards Chartership (CGeol, CEng, CSci) and / or QP
Full UK Driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes
Plans ahead, organises work in advance
Recognises the importance of high standards of customer service