Our client undertakes earthwork inspections on all of Network Rails assets in Kent / Sussex / Wessex / Western & Wales. Part of this work entails vegetation clearance to facilitate a complaint inspection. They are looking for an ecologist to join the team to help with this workload. Across routes they undertake circa 18,000 inspections per annum (of which at least a 3rd requires some form of vegetation management).
Duties would involve undertaking desk top searches of sites, working with the HSQE manager and applying suitable methodologies to undertake the required work, applying for licenses / consents if required and undertaking watching briefs / fingertip searches & site audits.
They have a highly experienced Senior Ecologist team available on a consultancy basis (provided by a 3rd party) that can be tapped into, if required our inhouse ecologist can use this resource for further knowledge / expertise.
– Experience working in the Railway.
– Experience undertaking desk top searches for ecology restraints (for example SSSI / SPC / SPA / Invasive species / protected species etc).
– Experience in applying for licenses and consents from NE & NRW.
– Experience in performing watching briefs / site audits.
– Happy to travel over all routes we work in.
Good to haves:
– IRATA L1 (or be prepared to work using rope access if required).
– Dormice license knowledge / experience.