Our Client is actively looking for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer with 8-12 years relevant working experience to join our dynamic Geotechnical team based in Milton Keynes, England.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to progress their career in a small UK based team, which provides a great opportunity for career progression and shareholding in an employee-owned Company. There is also the opportunity to collaborate with our larger internationally recognized team in South Africa on a diverse range of projects both locally in the UK and internationally across Africa. This role will also provide the candidate with continuous exposure to collaborate with other teams and disciplines, as well as to interface with clients both locally and internationally. Travel requirements will be around 10% of working time – maybe overseas trips every 2/3 months.
Our Clients’ Geotechnical teams are involved in projects that span residential, commercial, industrial and mining sectors, and range from ground characterization through desk studies and site investigation to geotechnical design, including numerical analysis and soil-structure interaction. A thorough understanding of ground engineering including but not limited to desk study, ground investigations, technical report writing, ground modelling, design of earthworks, retaining structures, foundation and slope stability assessments is required.
– Required: BEng / BSc Eng in Civil Engineering with a Geotechnical bias
– Desired: MEng / MSc in Geotechnical Engineering
– Chartered Engineer
– Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Projects
– Good knowledge of HoleBase and AutoCAD (Civil 3D)
– General experience with one or more geotechnical software products such as Geostudio (Slope/W SEEP/W SIGMA/W), Finite Element Analysis (e.g. Plaxis), Settle 3D, Leapfrog, Wallap